Medical Students’ Association of Moi University
The Medical Students’ Association of Moi University is a registered students’ association in the College of Health Sciences, Moi University formed over 20 years ago. It consists of students pursuing the following courses; Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy, Bachelor of Science in Medical Psychology and Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
It is made up of students whose core drive is the desire to use their knowledge to serve fellow human beings through provision of medical services and health promotion. Students in Moi University have background training on community service through the COBES model of learning in our curriculum. COBES; Community Based Education and Services, ensures that students are posted to local health centres at least twice, aside from the formal training in medical school. This ensures the release of skilled professionals with first hand experience into the community.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To promote integration of the programs within the school of medicine, Moi University.
- Provide a platform for students within the school of medicine to gain exposure, interaction and mentorship from professionals in their fields of interest.
- To promote academic welfare of the members including:
i.Research related to health education
- To promote student-participation in community-based activities in an effort to solve health related problems in the community.
- To be a link for the members to local and international student-based associations (including but not limited to MSAKE, IFMSA and FAMSA) and professional organizations.
- To provide a forum for members to showcase their creativity and innovations