MKU Medical Students' Association(MKUMSA)
We the MBChB students of Mount Kenya University. Acknowledging the supremacy of the Almighty God of all creation, recognizing the need for a professional association to serve the interests of MBChB students in the University, anticipating collaboration with other health institutions both locally and internationally;realizing the unique position of the medical student in the society and the special rights, duties and responsibilities attendant thereupon; understanding the importance of togetherness and co-operation in the medical profession; did hereby establish Mount Kenya University Medical Students Association (MKUMSA) in the 2014.
MKUMSA is an independent MBChB students' Association registered under Mount Kenya University.
MKUMSA EXECUTIVE COUNCIL 2019/2020
Public relations Sec.
MKUMSA also has LOs for various standing committees corresponding with the MSAKE structure.
Principles of the Association:
1. To facilitate partnerships between the Mount Kenya University medical students' community and local, national and international organizations and/or associations working on health, education and social issues.
2. To expose Mount Kenya University medical students to humanitarian and health issues, providing them with the opportunity to educate themselves and their peers.
3. To create networks that links Mount Kenya University medical students with other medical training colleges and schools, both locally and internationally, to provide exposure and interactions.
4. To empower all Mount Kenya University medical students to become advocates in leading social change.
5. To be the voice of all, Mount Kenya University Medical Students safeguarding their interests and welfare, collaborating with the Universities administration in pursuance of the same.
6. To provide a platform through which medical students can offer innovative solutions and meaningful service to the society. This will be through activities such as free-medical camps, dissemination of health information among others.
Medical Students’ Association of Kenya. (MSAKE)
International Federation of Medical Schools' Association Africa. ( IFMSA- Africa)
International Federation of Medical Schools. (IFMSA)
After the inspection and evaluation done by the East African Medical Practitioners and Dentistry Board in conjunction with Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentistry Council they did conclude MKU Medical School as the Best Medical school, dated 8th March 2020, something the Association is proud of and took part in this greater initiative.