The Association of Medical Students of the University of Nairobi (AMSUN)
The Association of Medical Students of the University of Nairobi (AMSUN) is by far the oldest medical students’ association in Kenya having been founded in 1967. It has been a pioneering association in the involvement of medical students in activities that aim to improve both their professional skills as well as the health of the communities around them. It boasts a membership of over 2500 medical students and has countless alumni.
MISSION: Nurturing the profession
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To organize academic and extra-curricular activities for medical students.
- To represent the medical students in matters of administration.
- To plan and institute outreach programs to the public in terms of services such as medical camps and mentorship programs.
- To create opportunities for professional development and preparation of students for smooth transition into the profession.
- To provide mentorship amongst ourselves and organize for the same from relevant sources.
- To solicit for sponsorships and bursaries to the needy students within medical school.
- To facilitate for strong and active alumni program within the scope of our fraternity.